Demre Mira Kekova
The tour "Demre-Mira-Kekova from Antalya" is a wonderful way for all those who are interested in history to plunge into its world, get acquainted with the ancient cultural monuments of the Lycian, Roman and Byzantine eras, see their architecture with their own eyes, visit the places of the origin of Christianity, in the lands where the saint lived and served Nicholas the Wonderworker. If you wish, you can go to the Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker itself: the remains of frescoes and the faces of saints have been preserved in it.
We will also visit the ancient of Mira city, located 2 km from the now existing city of Demre: we will inspect the arena of the Ancient Theater, which was built in the 2nd century AD, walk through the ruins, and, of course, see the famous rock tombs. By the way, there is no world analogue for these Lycian tombs. Believing that the human soul, like a bird, flies up after death, people deliberately created burial places for people as high as possible, in the rocks.
And, of course, what is the inspection of the "Turkish Atlantis" worth! This is an exciting journey by sea to the sunken city of Kekova. The Mediterranean Sea is so clean here that it will not be difficult to see the city through the glass bottom of the ship.
Demre-Mira-Kekova Tour program:
- Early pick-up from hotels
- Arrival at the Port (boat trip over the sunken city of Kekova)
- Lunch (included)
- Tour of the ancient city of the World (Greco-Roman theater and Lycian necropolis)
- Icon shop
- Sightseeing of the city of Demre (St. Nicholas Church)
- Departure from the territory
- Return to hotels (after 19.00)
What is important to take with you on a trip?
- Comfortable shoes
- Swimming suit and towel
- Breakfast box or snacks
- Money for personal expenses, buying souvenirs in Demre
- Camera (chargers, power bank, memory card)